Monday, September 22, 2008

uh oh.

sometimes, once in a long while, i have a time like this. i cannot form a coherent thought and what i do have are a million little worries fluttering around and glancing occasionnally off my consciousness. like standing in a cave full of bats that have just been startled. so it's not that i am cohesively upset about any one thing in particular, more that every insecurity my subconscious has to offer is suddenly sprouting up out of nowhere to say hello and I can barely keep track of them all.

the net result of this is that trying to sleep, as i have been trying to do since about 2 (12:30 if you count the first failed attempt) is failing miserably.

usually when this happens it pretty much keeps going and there's really no way to stop it untili just pass out from exhaustion. which doesn't look likely to happen soon.

i might just not sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Z-Money said...

I couldn't sleep like 3 or 4 nights ago cuz so many stupid thoughts about nothing were floating around in my head. And this one tiny light was shining in my eyes. After lying in the dark in bed for like almost 2 hours I got up walked down my hall to the water fountain and said to myself "just go to sleep, don't worry about it". That ended up working somehow. Regardless, I think we both miss the band grounding us and focusing our thoughts.