Thursday, November 13, 2008

shit

Sorry, I got distracted.

I have a lot to say but I also have a midterm in an hour in a half so I should probably keep it to a few things:

1. If you haven't yet (you probably haven't) go check out J.D. Souther. If you don't know, he is the singer-songwriter who wrote basically all the Eagles' best songs, plus songs for Linda Ronstadt, etc. He also had a career of his own but preferred to kind of hang back and play small clubs because he is a true, legit dude. Anyway, he went on a 25-year "fishing trip" but is now back with a new album, If The World Was You. And it's crazy good. He's also on an acoustic tour right now. I had the good fortune to get into the over-packed show at Joe's Pub and hang out with J.D. backstage a few days ago. Seriously, what a cool guy. If I was J.D. Souther when I grew up, I'd be happy with my life. Anyway, if you get the chance to see him, do it. And in the meantime, the new album is pretty crazy. Uses a lot of horns and has sort of a jazzy feel mixed in with Southern California Folk-Rock vocals. Really cool.

2. Finally got around to seeing the film Stranger than Paradise. Goddamn, man. What a great movie. Very minimal, but the actors really do a great job of acting like actual people. The budget was probably like $5, but Jim Jarmusch really, really pulls it off with a minimal cast and setting.

3. We haven't found out yet about Peapod, but if they don't put out the record, we'll be getting it professionally made and putting it in stores by early December at the latest. Expect to see us on the shelf pretty soon. I can basically guarantee this will be the only pressing of those songs ever, so if you have faith we are going to make it big and want to be that dick who claims to have known about them before they were huge, well, now you can have evidence! Probably going to be like $6.

No comments: