Friday, March 28, 2008

just.

Really don't get too much of a chance to read out here at school, which is weak. Am a big fan of taking like a whole day and just consuming a long-ass book. Oh, well. This summer I'll attack the library once more.

Malik's got the latest from Babyshambles playing right now, which he aptly described as "incredibly British." The guitar sound is disgustingly good. Kind of whiny, but crunchy at the same time. Very solid... good, sloppy music.

Realized yesterday I had a pile of jazz records I hadn't loaded onto my computer yet. Did so with some Sarah Vaughan, a bit of Bix, a smidge of Sims, etc. Also dug on the Anita O'Day version of The Lady Is A Tramp... it kicked my ass just a little. So, so good. Anita is probably my favorite jazz vocalist these days. Such an organic delivery... agh. If you don't know her, check ye out this video.

Makin' grilled cheese, I take my leave.

No comments: