Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby you can drive my... Cars...

Obtained ginger beer today. 2 new brands. Neither is that heavy on the ginger, but one tastes rather like sarsparilla, and both are rather tasty in their own ways.

I've had this weird drive recently to work on some sort of visual art, specifically some type of comic ish thing. I know I can't be spreading myself too thin, but it's something I've really been feeling like doing. If I end up getting anything worked out to the point of my satisfaction, then I'll put it up here.

Anyway.

Recently rediscovered the Cars. You know, I'm not really one for pop rock, but damn. Such good songwriting, it's amazing. The little things--say, the synth riff in "Just What I Needed" are just all spot-on, exactly what they need to be. And it's not just the singles--their entire albums are full of excellent, well-done songs, unlike many bands of their genre and period.

Also: Drums are goddamn fun. I need to pursue the drums more seriously, because they are goddamn fun.

(PS-excuse the title.)

2 comments:

Christea said...

I WILL NEVER EXCUSE THE TITLE

I WILL NEVER EXCUSE THE TITLE








I WILL NEVER EXCUSE THE TITLE

Anonymous said...

Cars best two songs are "Moving In Stereo" and "All Mixed Up" the last two tracks on the self titled album. Definitely not anything poppy about those two songs.

This is Kegan