Sunday, May 4, 2008

Show me the world as I'd love to see it.

I think I have started working out, to an extent, how drones apply to my music. I still like having drum or other rhythmic textures--but sometimes they end up being just that, textures. Vocals can be used like that, too. An obvious example of this stuff is Radiohead's "Sit Down, Stand Up (Snakes & Ladders)" which is a giant crescendo of mostly ambient sound leading up to an emotional, many-textured climax with only three words for lyrics--"The Rain Drops." I dunno, that may not completely encompass what I'm saying, but I am working on a project for my Synthesis class which I'm trying to turn into a good example of that, and if it turns out fairly well, I'll put it up online.

This semester is winding down finally. 2 finals and that project left, all pretty well spaced out. I can get some music in, definitely. Then home to work as much as possible wherever I find gainful employ, and to play with the Ladykillers pretty much every second I can. I have a lot of musical energy floating around waiting to get out... this summer is gon' be insane.

Next semester will probably be just as nuts, now I'm thinking about it. My schedule:

M: Theory III, Concert Management
Tu: Recording Technology, Stats
W: Theory III, Collegium, Music History III
Th: Recording Technology, Stats, Music Publishing

2 major perks for next semester:
-No class on Friday
-No class till 11 am anyday

Yeah.

1 comment:

Z-Money said...

I have a ton of musical energy I need to get out. I've been living in a quiet library the past few days writing an epic piece comparing Heidegger's thoughts to Buddhism. I'm gonna throw my brain on the pavement. I need to go home and plug my myself into the Hot Rod Deluxe and turn blow my ears up.