Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chocolate Jesus.

New Breeders album is really solid. Very chilled-out, but stays very Breeders. I am pleased. The last track is really fuckin' weird, which I like.

Getting more into Modest Mouse of late. They have some truly crazy moments, and are always very musical with what they do. I'd like to see them someday. They're on tour right now with REM, but the tix are expensive as shit.

Whenever a track ends, I can hear my suitemate Steven practicing showtunes in the other room. It's a funny contrast.

Kegan got the Small Stone pedal today, which I'm excited about. Tony Smokes & the Ladykillers has a pretty simple and high-energy sound for the most part but it's good to have a few variables. I'm adding my Big Muff pedal this summer for crazy bass antics, and Kegan's expanding his setup a bit, so we'll diversify a little bit, though we'll still keep it pretty garage-rock (the old setup was bass-straight through the PA and guitar-distortion, OD, Whammy).

Speaking of the band, I've been meaning to post this: you can download our first EP thing, Wear a Helmet, for free. It's from back in the days when we were really goofy, had a keyboardist (Dante left for creative reasons), and were known as The Cheese Grater Experience Version 5 Featuring Major Vader. It's kind of ridiculous but fun, so enjoy.

No comments: