Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"SCIENCE!"

Have been trying to set up music myspace for some time now. Will post a link once it's done. Difficult as I have few good pictures of myself performing, and fewer still demos of my own music (some that I've written but performed with TS & TL). Need to record a demo. Will probably put up a jazz track, a rock track, and a couple of weird ones.

Speaking of weird shit, just got done with my latest project for my Electronic Music/Synthesis class. Had to compose a 3 minute piece entirely using the Buchla synthesizer (1960s piece o' work, full of oscillators and fun things) and analog tape. I created this thing based around the horror film cliche of the creepy-ass funhouse. It's pretty badass. If I can get it from the DAT tape onto my 8-track (will mean fucking around with the mixer in the synth lab, which I am not supposed to do), I'll probably put that up on my myspace. I'm pretty proud of it. It lulls you into a false sense of security, then gets heinous, noisy and awful, in all the best possible ways.

Have been becoming more and more into noise music. You can get such a great effect with a loud, heavy atonal drone... If I even get successful in music, I'll probably wind up pretty experimental (though I won't lose sight of simplicity or groove).

In the meantime, I will dig on some Thomas Dolby whilst trying to get my ACE homework done.

No comments: