Sunday, April 20, 2008

Uplifting Gormandizers...?

The term which would set off a musical revolution.

Erroll Garner is probably the classiest musician ever. You hear five notes and you just know he is about to woo you with the sweetest sounds you have ever heard.

My keyboard did something awesome the other day. I was writing an email when it suddenly went "aaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and then the "a" key stopped working. So, every time I have to use the letter "a" I am using ctrl+v, since I have that letter saved to copy & paste. Pain in my ass of course, but with $10 in the bank account, I can't afford a new keyboard.

So the music side of my life is starting to really come together. I keep getting one gig which'll lead me to another, at which I meet two more people who want me to play, through whom I meet two more... Getting my name out there, which is, of course, the goal. Provided people keep liking my work on the bass, I'm in line to actually get some respect (and maybe even get paid) as a musician before too, too long.

Coming to the realization that I really would love to be an artist... here's my projected career path:

1) Work in a label or publishing house for some time. Maybe set one up myself.
2) Constantly be working on my music. If my career as an artist takes off, go with it.
3) Use my position in the industry to leverage my way into being a producer as well.

Or, I may just open a venue later on in life from which I run a small indie label. We'll see what happens.

No comments: